Monday, March 8, 2010

She appears composed so she is, I suppose

It seems like I've seen Karaoke in a lot of movies and shows lately. People seem to have a lot of fun drinking and singing like they are at American Idol try outs. I still hate it. I always spend nine tenths on the time searching for the best song and then I remember the 10 minute guitar solo and just give up. I'm not about to go-go dance for 10 minutes with an air guitar. Nope, not gonna do it.

As far as things I don't hate go... I'm ordering 6 furry baby chickens tomorrow. I believe out here in the country they are referred to as "chicks". Growing up in Eugene, I learned that's what the sorority girls at the U of O are called. It must be the constant squeaking noise that they both make.

Back to the chickens, I'm getting two green egg layers, two brown egg layers and two white. I've narrowed it down that far. There are maybe 20 breeds to choose so it's a bit daunting.

Come over in 5 months. I'll make you an omelet and you can marvel at my impressive collection of colorful pet chickens.

2 comments:

Job 77 said...

Araucanas lay pretty green eggs. My midwife had some, and she claimed that their eggs tasted the best. But they also don't lay well in the winter.

For brown layers, we like our Australorps. The barred Rocks are good, too, but I find them less aesthetically pleasing.

How fun to have a variety of egg colors!

Kunnari said...

i'll be there. i love omelets.