Monday, March 29, 2010

The Wind was a'howlin and down came the rain

It's been stormy here these last few weeks. February gave us so much lovely brightness and warmth. We were all drunk on the early sunshine and sweet weather when Oregon's usual spring gusts and drizzly dark days jolted us back to stark reality like a disgruntled neighbor spraying us with their lawn hose when we already had a headache and were sleeping it off in their soggy lawn. Damn you, Oregon. We were all just trying to have a good time.

My mom and I went to Boston 2 weeks ago. I was jet-lagged the whole time and possibly under the influence of New England. I felt a bit fuzzy and disconnected with my normal daily life, or "reality" while I was there. We were there for a family funeral so things seemed meaningful and meaningless at the same time. I got to see some family that I had only met once or twice though and that was a wonderful part of the trip. I didn't do much sight seeing. I kept telling myself that I would be back later to do all that. I'm so glad to be home. Everything is better at home. Home's traffic is even better.

Oh Oregon, I love you and I despise you at the same time.

3 comments:

Holli said...

This was a very poetic post. I like it.

IT Houston said...

I concur

Shelley L. Houston said...

Been there. Done that. Rather be here.