Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Allright, Allright...

...I've been thinking of posting for a while... feeling like I should...

Same with the laundry...

I don't feel like I've been home much lately. We were in Eugene for family festivities for Christmas, then again on New Years. Then there was our spur-of-the moment visit to Portland to see Steve and Holli and Saturday night. I think that is what I want to post on.

We were taking out stuff out of the airstream and packing it into boxes to store. You must know, I loathe packing boxes to store. I am always plagued with so many uncertainties. Do I want to keep this? What the heck IS this? When will I ever unpack this box? Should I just give it to St. Vinnies and buy another toaster when I live in my own place?

On top of all these questions, there was the maddening truth that we have absolutely no more space to store anything. Holli called while Matt and I were at the height of our frustration with our earthly possessions and offered their basement as a safe and spacious hiding spot for all those boxes of questions. Thank God. Instead of exhausting our imaginations by trying to find places for junk, Steve and Holli took us to the Cheesecake Factory where I ate my weight in wasabi crusted Ahi. I've never felt so good before...

Then we went to their place and played with Jackie-O(my dog), Parker (their lab) and their cute little labradoodle puppy, Trumund! He is so stinking cute. Jackie thinks he's annoying but she will hopefully learn to love him since she will be staying with them for 9 days while we are in California next week!

4 comments:

RT said...

Happy Anniversary!

Reido Bandito said...

awwww

Unknown said...

4 years! but isn't jackie 5 years old? and i thought you two were saving yourselves for marriage.

Holli said...

It was great to have you guys up here! Trumond misses you. Jackie says good riddance to bad rubbish, and Parker wants you to come back so he can lick your ears.