Friday, November 13, 2009

A Whirlwind of Adventures

We had a great time in Sacramento last weekend. We got to explore the local food and fare with our friends whom we were there to visit. We were also introduced to the local wine sub-culture of Port lovers. I'm not sure that I'm ready to get initiated into the lifetime club, but it was enjoyable. (I'm not that into sweet things. That's my excuse)

Things are still clipping along with my flatware sets. I'm enjoying the holiday season picking up. I don't know if I will be as busy as last year, but I'm sure a lot more prepared.
Speaking of which, I made a little appearance on a cool handmade-promoting blog: http://lilithevy.blogspot.com/

My father in law is visiting from the other side of the country so when I'm not at work, we are going on small adventures around the area. Unfortunately, it is raining. I say unfortunately not because I feel unlucky that he is visiting during our usual, reliable 9-month stretch of rainy season. I mean unfortunately because the poor guy has never been to Oregon when it has done anything but rain.

I promise that Mr. Sun does occasionally visits us.

We have no sales tax, isn't that enough for you?!

So our next adventure is to go down to Eugene for a night to see some of my side of the family. Maybe the Sun is hiding in a nook down there and we will get a glimpse of it.

1 comment:

ethan said...

if you go to sacramento, you may as well just keep going to Los Angeles. Its only a few more hours down the road, and you have lots of friends there. We don't have any Port, though. I don't much care for it.