Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sew! Sew Like The Wind!


The above quote was recently brought to my attention by Holli while watching the Three Amigos. It is now my favorite quote and I often find myself thinking it while I'm working in my sewing room. I made goals for myself that were a mite too lofty and have fallen far behind on my sewing work. I'm struck by a pang of fear when I realize that it's almost November. We are going to be gone just about every weekend in November, which will be fun, but good-bye lazy Saturdays, I will see you in the spring!

My high point this week was finding a slimy intruder in my sewing room while I had some people over that I was helping get through a sewing project. There is a crack in the weatherstripping on the exterior doors on my sewing room and I didn't think much of it until this week. I have a number of small drawers that have holes in the front where you stick your finger to pull the drawer open. I was hastily opening and closing each one, looking for a certain color of thread. I found the appropriate shade of whatever-it-was and as a reached in, this guy reached back out at me:
I don't know if it was the surprise of the cold and wet, or the fact that it flew straight towards my jugular while peeing on me that started me screaming, but I totally lost it. My visitors stared at me in disbelief of my vocal chord capabilities while I threw the frog out the door and walked to my room to change, still whimpering.

2 comments:

Job 77 said...

Oh man, so hilarious! Both the Three Amigos quote and the frog story. But the way you set it up, I thought is was going to be a slug in there. At least a frog is better than a slug.

Reuben Sinnema said...

I hate it when strange creatures come into my house. I think the skunk idea is great (for Jackie). You should dress up like Gus Chiggins! Aw pickle shoes!